A blood donation means a person who desire to donate a blood for his known person r to the charity its depends on the donor. Blood Donation may be of whole blood, or of specific components directly.
Table Of Contents
Benefits of Blood Donation
- Blood donation can helps you to reduce stress
- Blood donation can helps you to improve your emotional well-being
- Blood donation givew benefit to your physical health
- Blood donation can helps to get rid of negative feelings
- provide a sense of belonging
- Blood donation can helps you to reduce isolation
How much blood do you donate?
During a regular Blood donation, You can able to give blood approx 470ml of whole blood. This 470ml blood is about 8% of the average adult’s human being blood volume. The Human body replaces this volume within 24 to 48 hours, and replenishes red blood cells within 10 to 12 weeks.
Types of Blood Donations
There are four type of blood donation there which is given below with basic information.
- Whole Blood Donation: This type of blood donation is most simplest blood donation methos. some amount of blood is collected from donor and they use that blood as per their requirment.
- Power Red Donation: In this type of donation donor give a concentrated dose of red cells after this donor safely and carefully get back their plasma and platelets in his body.
- Platelet Donation: Platelets are tiny cells in human blood that helps to form clots and stop bleeding. Platelets are most often used by patients of cancer.
- Plasma Donation: The Plasma donation is a part of blood donation in plasma donation donor donate plasma from his blood. a machine collect plasma seprately from donors blood anter collecting plasma red cells are comfortably returns to donors body.
What is the rarest blood type?
Blood type AB and Rh negative is considered the rarest, while ‘O’ positive is most common blood gruop.
- O positive: 35%
- O negative: 13%
- A positive: 30%
- A negative: 8%
- B positive: 8%
- B negative: 2%
- AB positive: 2%
- AB negative: 1%
What's the best blood to donate?
Across all types of blood groups O negative and O positive Blood groups are best suited to donate red blood cells. And O- and O+ blood groups are both become very special when it comes to traumas where there is no time for blood typing.
How would I know my blood type?
There are so many ways to check your blood type from all of this 4 common ways i have shared below.
- visiting your doctor.
- going to a hospital or clinical laboratory that tests blood.
- donating blood.
- getting a home testing kit.
Additional tips for blood donation
- Before Blood donation you have to drink an extra 16 oz. of water (or other nonalcoholic drink) before your appointment.
- Before blood donation you have to eat a healthy meal, avoiding fatty foods like hamburgers, fries or ice cream.
- make sure to wear a shirt with sleeves that you can roll up easily above your elbows.
- Also inform doctor which available at the time of Blood donation if you have a preferred arm or particular vein that has been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
- At the time of donation you have to Relax, listen to music, talk to other donors or read while you donate aslo use sponge ball for smooth process of blood donation.
Blood Donation Chart
|If your blood type is:||You can give to:||You can receive from:|
|O Positive||O+, A+, B+, AB+|
|A Positive||A+, AB+||A+, A-, O+, O-|
|B Positive||B+, AB+||B+, B-, O+, O-|
|AB Positive||AB+ Only||All Blood Types|
|O Negative||All Blood Types||O-|
|A Negative||A-, A+, AB-, AB+||A-, O-|
|B Negative||B-, B+, AB-, AB+||B-, O-|
|AB Negative||AB-, AB+||AB-, A-, B-, O-|
Blood Donation: Conclusion
Blood Donation: I hope from given above article i have covered all required basic details related to blood donation still if you have any doubts then comment below i will try to reply Asap.