buy car insurance online, In this article i have shared the details about car insurance and also sharing one website link from there you can buy insurance for your cars so first i am explaining about what is car insurance. Car insurance is a legal contract between a owner of the car and a insurance provider company wherein the latter promises to protect the car owner from financial losses which may occur due to an unfortunate event involving his/her car. Depending on the various coverage, there are total 3 types of car insurance policies – first one is Third-Party Car Insurance, seconf is Standalone Own-Damage (OD) Car Insurance, and third is Comprehensive Car Insurance. To continue to avail the benefits of these car insurance policies, the car insurance renewal process should be happen on time by policyholders.
Table Of Contents
Types of Car Insurance
there are total 3 types of car insurance policies – first one is Third-Party Car Insurance, seconf is Standalone Own-Damage (OD) Car Insurance, and third is Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- A Comprehensive Car Insurance policy is the most extensive car insurance cover under which an insurance company is liable to pay for financial liabilities incurred towards a third party as well as for the own-damages sustained by the insured’s car. In addition to road accidents, the policy is applicable in the event of natural calamities, man-made disasters, self-ignition or lightning, explosion, fire, theft, etc
- Third-Party car insurance policy is a mandatory requirement for driving a car in India. It is the most basic car insurance plan and is thus also called Liability Only Car Insurance Policy. Under this cover, the insurance company is liable to pay for the bodily injuries, permanent disability, temporary disability as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s car. This plan also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh.
- In September 2019, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) introduced the standalone Own-Damage car insurance policy. Under this plan, the insured gets insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by his/her four-wheeler in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage car insurance policy aims at offering the insured the flexibility in terms of the insurance provider they want to choose.
How to Choose Four Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
You can choose your fevorite car insurance online plan by following some points given below:
1. Select the Type of Plan – first thing to Assess your car insurance needs and finalise the type of policy you need. Choose a third party cover or comprehensive cover based on your requirements, budgets and benifits etc.
2. Compare Policies – You must have to compare different car insurance plans online. The comparison and research makes it easier to pick the best car insurance plan as per your budget with good benifits.
3. Check for IDV and Premium – The IDV refers to the current value of your car in the market and the amount that an insurer can maximum pay you in case of total loss or car damaged beyond repair. A higher IDV can give you extended coverage but it increases the premium as well. So, check for the amount of IDV and select the one which you can afford and require.
4. Ask for Add-on Covers – Add-on covers expand the coverage of your policy. You can buy it by paying an additional premium. You should inquire about the add-ons and choose the one which suits your needs the best. However, you can have these covers only with the comprehensive insurance plan.
5. Look for the Claim Process – Look for an insurance company that has a simple and swift claim process. To confirm the quality of the claim process of insurers, you can check their Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) before finalising. It refers to the percentage of claims settled by the insurer in a year. It is better to buy a plan from a company with high CSR.
Top Car Insurance Companies in India 2022
|Rank||Companies||Network Garages||Claim Settlement Ratio|
|1||Bajaj Allianz General Insurance||4,000+||88.83%|
|2||Bharti Axa General Insurance||5,200+||87.99%|
|3||Hdfc Ergo General Insurance||6,800+||91.23%|
|4||Icici Lombard General Insurance||8,800+||87.71%|
|5||Iffco Tokio General Insurance||4300+||95.30%|
|6||Kotak General Insurance||1,300+||82.81%|
|7||National General Insurance||3,100+||85.71%|
|8||New India General Insurance||3,000+||89.60%|
|9||Reliance General Insurance||6,200+||84.26%|
|10||Sbi General Insurance||16000+||89.51%|
|11||Tata Aig General Insurance||5,000+||90.49%|
|12||United India General Insurance||3,100+||82.93%|
|13||Universal Sompo General Insurance||3,500+||90.78%|
Buy Car Insurance Online
To buy car insurance online go to this website and enter your car number, purchase year n other required details then press on continue then compare all recomanded plans and finalise the best plan as per your budget. CLICK HERE